Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Shoe Comfort in Hot Weather


Do you have trouble keeping your feet comfortable when the weather gets warmer? I do. My feet start to get more blisters as the temperature outside rises, and it’s not fun. Since some of my shoes are synthetic, I have even more trouble with my footwear, because they sometimes hold odor and moisture without completely drying/airing out in-between wears.
Need some steps for hot-weather footwear? Here’s what I do to increase my comfort.

Step 1: I make sure that I apply petroleum jelly to my heels. When synthetic-upper shoes heat up, they can cause friction burns and blisters in a flash. The sweatier your feet are, the worse your feet feel as the day progresses. Stave off the pain by making sure your feet are lubricated on common friction points before you leave.



Step 2: I try to add a dust of unscented powder in shoes that can be washed and dried, or at least wiped out. You may see suggestions to add talcum powder in every pair of shoes you own, but this can be a problem in pairs that cannot be thoroughly washed after wearing. Only add a little powder to shoes that can be washed out properly after.

Step 3: I use tricks of the eye to stay cooler at work. If closed-toe shoes are a must, try a pair of shoes with a slingback design to give your feet some air. Look for shoes with small perforated details punched into them for style or ones with small cutouts along the side instead of at the toe.

Step 4: I try to invest in summer shoes with a dark lining, especially sandals and strappy types. Look for ones that won’t show marks from sweat stains and dirt, and they can even last more than one season when you find a pair with a navy or black lining. Dark brown leather lining and cushioning also work well.

Step 5: I look for shoes with hot-weather friendly closures. Elastic closures are good when they are slim, but they definitely aren’t when they are in the form of a thick cross-foot band that traps sweat! Metal buckles are okay if they aren’t too large or heavy, and button closures are even better because they don’t trap heat.

What style shoes do you wear when it gets hot? Do you make any major changes to your wardrobe when you choose work shoes for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive